Invention and Innovation Camp session 3
Edison and Ford Winter Estates is extending its Summer Camp for an additional three weeks with a brand new camp. The Invention and Innovation Camp will cover a different program each day, with topics ranging from robotics to art. Campers will be separated into two groups ( grades 1-3 and 4-6). The camps are fun, educational, and unlike other local opportunities. Camp runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily.
In each session, campers will use their skills of invention and innovation to solve different challenges. Students may attend a single week or enroll in all three, as the content will not be repeated. The cost per session is $220 for Edison Ford members and $250 for non-members. Registration starts July 31 on edisonford.org.
The following safety and health protocols are in place:
- All camps will run at less than 50% capacity.
- Students who are able to do so will wear masks while in the classroom. Breaks from the mask will be permitted in limited safe outdoor situations and for water, snack, and lunch breaks (and as needed). Social distancing guidelines will be maintained whether students are wearing masks or not, and whether they are indoors or outdoors. The mask should be washed regularly at home.
- Camp sign-in will take place in a car line rather than inside the museum. Each camper will receive a brief symptom and temperature check before exiting their vehicle. No campers experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 will be allowed to enter camp.
- Per CDC recommendations, camp sign-in times will be staggered: ages 6-8 from 8:45 to 9 a.m. and ages 9-12 from 9 to 9:15 a.m.
- Sign-out times will be staggered: ages 6-8 from 3:45 to 4 p.m. and ages 9-12 from 4 to 4:15 p.m.
- Early drop off and late pick up will not be available.
- Games such as tag will be replaced with no-touch alternatives.
- Group projects will be altered to avoid close proximity and frequent touch surfaces.
- Daily cleaning protocols have been greatly enhanced.
- Rigorous hand washing and sanitation routines for campers and staff will be in place.
- Time spent outdoors will be increased substantially (as weather allows).
- Edison Ford staff will wear masks at all times.
- No snacks will be available for sale.
- The traditional Friday afternoon end of camp celebrations will no longer take place.