Under the supervision of the Recreation Director, plans, manages and coordinates the daily operations of the aquatics programs for the Recreation Department; plans, develops and implements the comprehensive aquatics programs provided; oversees the daily maintenance of the pools; oversees the selection and supervision of instructors for aquatics programs; oversees pool rentals and special pool events; oversees all aspects of training for lifeguard personnel, participates in operational budget planning and preparation; and supervises full-time, part time and seasonal staff. This position has the authority to open or close facilities for safety or other public health concerns.
Required Education, Experience, License, Registration, and Certification Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college; supplemented by three (3) years of experience in aquatics recreational programs; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Must be able to work with chemicals. Must be able to work flexible work shifts. Must have valid State of Florida Driver's License.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Certification
- American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Certification
- Water Safety Instructor Certification
- Certified Pool Operator Certification
- Water Aerobics Instructor, preferred
- Water Arthritis Instructor, preferred