Please apply online: https://sundial-beach-resort.oasisrecruit.com/job/238565/accounting-manager
Organizes and directs all general accounting activities. Maintains accounting systems that ensure the proper accounting and recording of company resources; provides financial statements, analysis, and other key management reports.
- Inputting the Daily Report Income Journal into the accounting system.
- Daily Account and Outlet Reconciliations.
- Assisting Accounting Clerk with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Overseeing Owner Accounting and monthly postings.
- General Cashiering and issuing of House Banks.
- Daily cash counts and deposits dropped at the bank.
- Managing the Property Petty Cash.
- Compile and communicate Correction and Variance Reports.
- Record monthly Journal Entries.
- Report to Smith Travel Research monthly.
- Sales Tax Reconciliation and filing.
- Tax Exempt Certificate Verification.
- Reconciling Balance Sheet Accounts.
- Audit of General Ledger Account Balances.
- Process payroll.
- Prepares year-end audit review for external audit staff.
- Monitors current department accounting systems and procedures and revises as required.
- Assumes other special activities and responsibilities occasionally as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Controller.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years general accounting experience and two (2) years as a manager of an accounting department.
- Working knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems, preferably in a hotel/hospitality environment.
- Well-developed participatory management and administrative skills, with proven ability to recruit, train, and motive personnel.
- Detailed oriented with analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, life, vacation, paid holidays, short & long term disability, 401k with company match, paid tolls and more!
The Sundial Beach Resort & Spa is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.