The beautiful Sundial Beach Resort located on Sanibel Island, Florida is seeking a dynamic Banquet Manager. The Banquet Manager is responsible for the management of all aspects of the Food & Beverage Department functions, in accordance with Resort standards. Directs, implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff to ensure 100% guest satisfaction.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests.
- Attends all scheduled BEO, Resume, and operational meetings.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Maintain complete knowledge of service requirements for each scheduled function
- Maintain complete knowledge of strictly abide by state liquor regulations
- Check storage areas for proper supplies, organization and cleanliness
- Order linens required for business
- Organize Banquet Event Orders (B.E.O.'s) according to departmental standards note of changes as received from Catering
- Prepare weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts
- Adjust schedules throughout the week to meet the business demands
- Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled.
- Inspect the scheduled function areas/rooms for cleanliness, working condition and proper equipment set up
- Assign side work to servers in accordance with banquet event orders and restaurants
- Conduct pre-function meeting with servers and review all information pertinent to set-up and service of group
- Inspect table set-ups; check for cleanliness, neatness and agreement with group requirements and departmental standards
- Check bar set-ups for cleanliness, organization and agreement with group requirements and resort standards
- Check buffet tables/receptions/coffee breaks for cleanliness, attractiveness, and layout ensure compliant with banquet event order
- Meet group coordinator prior to function, make introduction and ensure that all arrangements are agreeable
- Constantly monitor staff performance in all phases of service and job functions
- Assist Banquet staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests
- Ensure that unused food is returned to the Kitchen, and that all Banquet supplies are returned to designated storage areas
- Direct the final breakdown of function room and clean up. Ensure all department standards are met
- Provide feedback to staff on their performance.
- Prepare and submit daily/weekly payroll and tip distribution records
- Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Engineering.
- Other duties assigned by the Food & Beverage Director
Our compensation package includes a competitive annual salary, PTO after 90 days, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, STD, LTD, 401k with company match, dining and travel discounts and paid tolls for Sanibel & Cape Coral!
The Sundial Beach Resort is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have 2 years banquet supervisory experience
- Must be able to understand and write English
- Report for work in a well-groomed manner, uniform worn to standard, name tag on
- Manager Safe Serve Certification