Banquet Set Up
Sundial Beach Resort & Spa, located on tropical Sanibel Island, is seeking enthusiastic an Part Time Banquet Set Up to join our fabulous culinary team.
Please apply ONLINE at https://sundial.careerplug.com/
The purpose of the Banquet Setup position is to set, maintain, and refresh resort banquet meeting rooms, catering outside events according to sales contract and resort standards. This position must ensure cleanliness and organization is completed in a timely manner and assists the supervisor during large functions. The Banquet Setup must ensure that all banquet and meeting rooms are properly set in a timely manner, so that the banquet service staff may prepare for functions. Responsible for timely and safe breakdown of meeting rooms after event completion. Must refresh rooms on time, have water in rooms, clean rooms and set for appropriate functions.
- Maintain a friendly and approachable attitude towards guests and staff.
- Maintain a professional appearance and mannerism.
- Assist with set-up of tables, linens, chairs, etc. for full service of banquet events.
- Maintain knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Maintain sense of urgency when on the service floor.
- Maintain back of the house, front of the house and side work duties for overall productivity of banquet events.
- Maintain positive and professional attitude.
- Complete all other assigned duties when necessary.
- Maintain clear and open communication between all staff members for overall event success.
- Follow Health and Safety practices at all times.
- Complete all other duties as assigned
- Maintains a Guest focus while performing duties
- Must be able to read banquet event orders ( BEO’s)
- Review banquet event orders (BEO’s) at the beginning of each shift to ensure room is set as contracted
- Be in communication with lead banquet supervisor, and catering manager regarding any special needs
- Assist in ensuring that events are on time. Make adjustments as needed and relay that information to the appropriate personnel
Sundial Beach Resort and Spa is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE.
All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.