Please apply online at: https://sundial-beach-resort.oasisrecruit.com/job/173306/executive-chef
The beautiful Sundial Beach Resort located on Sanibel Island, Florida is seeking an Executive Chef to join our team!
The Executive Chef creates and produces all food products from the Sundial Kitchen ensuring proper cost control, effective safety and sanitation procedures and the highest of quality standards in timing, taste and presentation. A commitment to creating an environment that consistently meets or exceeds the expectations of our guests, staff and owners.
Responsible for all food production used for restaurant outlets and banquet functions. Develop menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Supervise staff. Develop and monitor food and labor budget for the department. Maintain highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
- Plans menus for all restaurants
- Schedules and coordinates the work of, cooks and other kitchen team members to assure that food preparation is correct and within budgeted labor cost goal
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met
- Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings
- Consults with the F & B Director about food production aspects of special events being planned
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained
- Evaluates products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff
- Ensures that representatives from the kitchen attend service lineups and meetings
- Maintains updated recipes and photos on entrees
- Periodically visits dining area when it is open to welcome members
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times
- Have complete knowledge of all policies, standards and procedures of the department
- Be familiar with resort services, amenities, and outlets
- Maintain cleanliness of work area
- Available for work assignments outside of associate’s customary work schedule. This may include evenings, overnight, weekends and holidays.
- Adherence to all safety rules and regulations
The Sundial Beach Resort & Spa is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.