Please apply online: https://sundial-beach-resort.oasisrecruit.com/job/227176/pantry-cook
The Sundial Beach Resort and Spa located in sunny Sanibel, Florida has an immediate opening for a full time Pantry Cook. Ideal candidates have flexible availability, excellent customer service skills and the desire to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. Candidates must have the ability in preparing food products for the Sundial Kitchen; through use of recipes and proper cooking techniques.
- Works the cold line and insures all product is fresh and organized for service
- Ensures completion of all prep and menu items in accordance with recipes and special requests. Assists the kitchen with preparing food for all facets of the kitchen when asked.
- Preps for soups, salads, cold, hot, buffet stock and back up.
- Communicates between shifts and ensures adequate prep for the next shift.
- Assists with the cleanliness of the kitchen, reach in, walk in coolers, floors and equipment.
- Set-up and see that pantry station is ready to serve prior to lunch and dinner service.
- Overseeing see that all food prepared is of consistently high quality and that portions are consistently controlled. Food items are complete and out in a timely manner.
- Maintains adequate par levels of product in accordance with the direction of Executive chef.
- Covers, dates and neatly stores all meats, poultry, seafood and other food items.
- Insures that the proper amount of dishes, glassware and baskets are placed in proper areas for service.
- Maintains the LTO’s, Pickle spears, dressings and house slaw is adequate for service levels.
- Keep par stocks at proper levels. Increase or decrease production as necessary.
- Assists with the organization of ingredients, recipes and/or supplies to ensure consistency and an organized and efficient production of all menu items.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
Our compensation package includes an Hourly Wage, Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, STD, LTD, 401k with company match, dining and travel discounts and paid tolls for Sanibel & Cape Coral!
The Sundial Beach Resort & Spa is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE.
- Friendly guest service personality and positive attitude exhibited at all times.
- Knowledge of normal cooking techniques with 1 year of culinary experience in a high volume restaurant setting.
- Previous exposure to hot and cold food preparation
- Demonstrates creative ability
- Serve safe certification
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exhibits positive attitude toward guests and team members.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Ability to constantly to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long hours at the time.
- Able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.