Please apply online at: https://sundial-beach-resort.oasisrecruit.com/job/173303/pizza-cook
The Sundial Beach Resort and Spa located in sunny Sanibel, Florida has an immediate opening for a full time Pizza Cook.
The Pizza Cook will provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional experience for all of our guests. Take orders and prepare all menu items, using recipes and proper cooking techniques. Ensuring cost control while maintaining effective safety and sanitation procedures and the highest of quality standards in timing, taste and presentation. Has an energetic and positive attitude with our guests and team members.
- Performs all functions and jobs within the Sundial pizza Kitchen as needed with the ability and knowledge to create recipes, doughs, sauces and salads, as set forth by the executive chef.
- Works the cold line and insures all product is fresh and organized for service
- Works the pizza oven under the direction of the supervisor or chef
- Ensures completion of all prep and menu items in accordance with recipes and special requests
- Preps for salads, cold, hot, ice creams, doughs, sauces and back up
- Communicates between shifts and ensures adequate prep for the next shift
- Assists in ordering supplies
- Understand and comply consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and rules, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work and service area including tables, shelves, walls, oven, and refrigeration equipment
- Take food orders from guests; accurately enter orders in our point-of-sale system which relays orders to the kitchen.
- Accept payment, process credit card and room charges or make change accurately.
- Handle phone orders with professionalism and accurately collect information needed to complete order.
- Promptly report equipment and food quality problems to Manager.
- Assists with the organization of ingredients, recipes and/or supplies to ensure consistency and an organized and efficient production of all menu items
- Exhibits flexibility and emotional control when dealing with last minute changes and special requests
- Properly stores all food, which must be covered, labeled, dated and rotated on a daily basis to ensure proper health code requirements and quality.
The Sundial Beach Resort and Spa is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. chm
All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.