Searching for a Vacation Rental Mer-MAID!
If you like freedom, flexibility, are dependable with a peachy-positive attitude and love to make money...WE WANT YOU!!
We are looking for a cleaning professional with experience that is looking to supplement their income, all while working on beautiful Sanibel and Captiva Islands!
Housekeeping is the beginning of the guest experience for any hospitality-based business. We want to make a great first impression - and that starts with you!
Cottages to Castles manages properties of all shapes and sizes on Sanibel and Captiva Islands. Properties range from 1 bedroom cottages, to 2 - 3 bedroom condominiums and private homes.
We operate year round and pride ourselves on the quality of our properties. We want to partner with people who love and give the respect to all of the vacation rentals that our company manages.
- Able to lift more than 20 lbs.
- Be able to stand/ walk up to 8 hours a day
- Must have your own reliable transportation
- Cell phone required
- House cleaning experience required
- Saturdays required. Monthly rental homes require cleaning on the 1st or at the end of each month.
- Customer-oriented and friendly, able to engage in small talk with the customers
- Must be able to pass a background check
Vacation Rental Housekeeping Specialist Responsibilities and Duties
- Detailed cleaning for multiple units approximately 500 - 1200 square feet (private homes are larger)
- Dusting and cleaning ceiling vents, surface areas, and counter surfaces
- Performs general sweeping, scrubbing, mopping of hardwood, laminate, or tiled floors
- Performs treatments such as shampooing of carpet or stain-removal as needed (including furniture)
- Disposal of trash from bins and containers
- Polishing furniture and room accessories as needed
- Scrubbing sinks, basins, and toilets in bathrooms
- Keeping all spaces neat and tidy
- Cleaning windows, glass surfaces, and mirrors
- Clean and disinfect sinks, countertops, floors, toilet, mirrors, tables, chairs, refrigerators, microwaves, etc in restrooms, and kitchen
- Replenish supplies in restrooms and kitchen
- Wipe down walls and woodwork, doors, wall hangings, baseboards, etc.
- Identify potential safety or maintenance issues and communicate them to agent
- Report repairs and replacements needed when encountered on a job
- Ensuring safe and sanitary storage and care of products
- Knowledge of cleaning solutions, proper storage, and disposal methods
- Terrific communication and organizational skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Self-starter and the ability to perform job duties without direct supervision
If selected you will first have a "test clean" before signing on as an independent contractor with our company for the rest of the year. The candidate will be paid for the test clean, and it involves 1 unit. After passing the test clean, candidates are then moved to a role with a more consistent workload (2-3 units/day).
Pay is per unit.
- Salary: $80.00 to $300.00 /day
- Cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Business License and Insurance (Required)
- Fluent in English
- High school degree
- Pass a background check
Please submit a resume or call for a phone/in person interview.