The Sous Chef is responsible to assist the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef for overall kitchen operation, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction, through planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the kitchen operation.
Please apply: https://sundial-beach-resort.oasisrecruit.com/job/191409/sous-chef
Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while assisting in leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Also assists in supervising all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced.
Directs and maintains high sanitation controls that exceed food handling and storage. Monitors all resort safety controls and assures compliance with all OSHA standards and requirements.
- Assists in manage a day-to-day operation of the kitchen, coordinate food production schedules and ensure highest level of food quality, taste and presentation.
- Participate in actual food preparation; produce food consistently high quality, taste and presentation.
- Ensure that chefs are always in clean well-groomed uniforms and are always presentable to be in guest view.
- Ensure that all food preparation equipment is being used safety and correctly and that it is cleaned and maintained.
- Performs all functions and jobs within the Sundial Kitchen as needed with the ability and knowledge to create advanced soups, sauces, specials and assist with menu development. As well as pastry and Garde Manger.
- Oversees the food production lines and expedites as needed.
- Ensure that all culinary operations manuals are maintained and updated.
- To manage associates fairly and take a personal interest in development of all culinary associates.
- To spend time in the outlets touching tables to ensure we are exceeding our guest’s expectations of our culinary preparations.
- To ensure that all food products received from our vendors are of the quality as ordered and that they are stored and rotated correctly.
- Ensure that the overall culinary department is motivated and that positive feedback on work performance is given.
- Coach and counsel employees in a timely manner and in accordance with CHM policy.
- Assist with creative menu planning and correct food preparation for each outlet including banquets.
- Ensures completion of all prep and menu items in accordance with recipes and special requests.
- Creates daily specials and meets with the wait staff and cooks to conduct tasting/training for up sell opportunities.
- Communicates between shifts and ensures adequate prep for the next shift.
- Orders supplies and conducts inventories of kitchen items.
- Assists with sushi and hibachi chefs with ordering all products for the operation.
- Cross trains in both sushi and hibachi presentations and preparations to assist when needed.
- Organizes ingredients, recipes and/or supplies to ensure consistency and an organized and efficient production of all menu items.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of advanced cooking techniques with 5 years of progressive culinary experience in a high volume restaurant setting
- Manager Serve safe certification
- Excellent communication skills
- Exhibits positive attitude toward guests and team members
- Demonstrates proactive leadership qualities
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, Life, LTD/STD, 401k with match, dining and travel discounts, paid tolls for Sanibel & Cape Coral!
The Sundial Beach Resort & Spa is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE.
All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.