The Sundial Beach Resort and Spa has a part time seasonal opportunity available for a Teppanyaki Chef to join the dynamic team at our gorgeous Sanibel Island location.
Primary role includes a professional, hands-on approach, which involves: leading, training, and demonstrating exemplary culinary skills and knowledge. Directly responsible for all culinary aspects in the kitchen and staff including inventories, set-up, preparation, food quality, breakdown, and sanitation. The Teppanyaki Chef is accountable for ensuring all Sundial Resort and Spa, procedures and recipes are followed consistently.
- Strong knowledge of all basic Asian cooking techniques.
- Strong knowledge of Teppanyaki-style cooking philosophies and principles including but not limited to Chinese, Thai, and Japanese.
- Ability to prepare all Teppanyaki mise en place including starches, vegetables, trimming and cutting of proteins.
- Ability to captivate guests by cooking “on stage”.
- Ability to verbally explain processes of history, preparation, and cooking techniques to guests while live action cooking.
Our compensation package includes medical, dental, vision, life, 401k, vacation, paid holidays, short term disability, paid tolls and more!
Sundial Beach Resort and Spa is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.
All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.