The Teppanyaki Chef is responsible for engaging, entertaining, interacting and providing a unique dining experience to guests. Primarily works in front of restaurant while cooking and preparing hot meals on hibachi tables directly in front of guests. Ensures correct food portions are being cooked and maintains the kitchen areas and hibachi tables clean and sanitized.
Please apply: https://sundial-beach-resort.oasisrecruit.com/job/213350/teppanyaki-chef
- Lead, train, and demonstrate exemplary culinary skills and knowledge
- Responsible for all culinary aspects in the kitchen and staff including inventories, set-up, preparation, food quality, breakdown, and sanitation
- Accountable for ensuring all Sundial Beach Resort and Spa, procedures, and recipes are followed consistently
- Responsible to be prepared for additional culinary contingencies, which may occur within his/her outlet or in another outlet/venue
- In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- Captivate guests by cooking “on stage”
- Explain processes of history, preparation, and cooking techniques to guests while live action cooking
- Orders supplies and conducts inventories of kitchen items
- Organizes ingredients, recipes and/or supplies to ensure consistency and an organized and efficient production of all menu items
- Ensures all product properly stored, labeled and dated
- Exhibits flexibility and emotional control when dealing with last minute changes and special requests.
- Works closely and maintains a positive working relationship with all Sundial, kitchen and stewarding team members
- Performs shift opening and closing duties as assigned by the Executive Chef such as cleaning of refrigeration units, gaskets, chef carts and floors etc.
- Maintains kitchen, teppanyaki cooking areas, kitchen equipment and food storage areas clean, sanitary and organized. Reports any kitchen equipment or maintenance issues to the chef or manager.
- Uses knives, hand tools, utensils, and equipment to portion, cut, slice, julienne, whip, beat, maintain holding temperature, chill, freeze or otherwise produce food for the dining room.
- Handles, stores, labels, and rotates foods properly and in accordance with public health safety, state and local laws. Understands and follows FIFO method for food handling.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- 1+ years of Teppanyaki experience
- 2+ years of culinary experience with Asian influences (may be combined with formal culinary training)
- Strong knowledge of all basic Asian cooking techniques
- Strong knowledge of Teppanyaki-style cooking philosophies and principles including but not limited to Chinese, Thai, and Japanese
- Associate must be able to prepare all Teppanyaki mise en place including starches, vegetables, trimming and cutting of proteins
Our compensation package includes an $18.00 hourly wage, Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, STD, LTD, 401k with company match, dining and travel discounts and paid tolls for Sanibel & Cape Coral!
The Sundial Beach Resort & Spa is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE.
All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.