Communications and Marketing Manager Job Description
The Communications & Marketing Manager at Sanibel Captiva Chamber of Commerce is responsible for implementing and maintaining a robust strategic organizational public relations program. This program’s goal is to ensure that Sanibel Captiva Chamber of Commerce is seen as a leader in the chamber industry.
Reporting directly to the CEO, this position is responsible for assisting in brand management and content distribution strategies, email marketing, advertising, partnership development, and managing overall execution of the communications goals. The manager will also serve as the media relations expert and help to establish Sanibel and Captiva Chamber of Commerce and its members as thought leaders to a broader audience.
Through integrated public relations, this position will continue to increase the visibility of the organization's many programs, events, and initiatives to the larger community.
- Development of member communications and newsletters
- Manage all public relations and media relations
- Social media strategy management
- Advertising campaign coordination
- Manages strategic proactive media outreach by identifying brand awareness opportunities; takes initiative to act upon these opportunities to achieve results.
- Manages relationships with media to create future opportunities.
- Oversees organization's email marketing campaigns for all departments and programs.
- Oversees digital and social media strategy, including the evolving digital market and contributes new ideas to enhance the organization’s social presence. Analyzes, synthesizes and course corrects based on data and metrics provided.
- Identifies trends and leverages opportunities within the industry, using social and digital tools and channels.
- Leads assignments to support the strategic vision of the organization; develops recommendations of marketing activities to increase revenue.
- Manages projects and campaigns including coordinating with vendors and managing the marketing team’s junior staff members.
- Leads and provides strategic direction on new projects. Manages and prioritizes staff time to fulfill cyclical as well as new projects as needed.
- Manages vendor and consultant relationships including metrics and reporting.
- Oversees the creation of marketing materials including managing graphic design projects to completion and acts as brand liaison to the organization to ensure consistent brand voice, vision, and aesthetic are achieved.
- Manages all internal department relationships and project needs for the communications team.
- Manages marketing of all programs and events.
- Liaise with member and venues to find out the exact event requirements.
- Create and sell sponsorships to ensure event success.
- Produce detailed proposals for events (including timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets).
- Research venues, suppliers, and contractors, then negotiate prices and hire
- Manage and coordinate suppliers and all event logistics (for example, venue, catering, travel)
- Liaise with marketing agency, PR Team, and members to publicize and promote the event.
- Manage all pre-event planning, organizing guest speakers, coordinate suppliers, handle member queries, and troubleshoot on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly and to budget.
- Oversee the dismantling and removal of the event and clear the venue efficiently.
- Produce post-event evaluation to inform future events.
- Two years of experience in public relations and/or communications.
- Two years of college with emphasis in communications or marketing.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, CRM database background and website editing applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism.
- Exemplary time management skills, high level of motivation, and self-starter skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to handle projects that require critical thinking.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle with proof of license and insurance.
- Proficient in online meeting platforms (Zoom, GoToMeeting, etc)