Visitor Center Manager Job Description
The Visitor Center Manager at Sanibel Captiva Chamber of Commerce is responsible for the Francis Bailey Visitor Center's day-to-day operations; a Visit Florida Certified visitor center.
Reporting directly to the CEO, this position is responsible for overseeing staff and volunteers, communication with members regarding digital signage, and acting liaison between Visitor Center and Chamber team.
This position will continue to increase the knowledge of the Visitor Center team through familiarization tours, constant communication, and business community updates through proper organization and communication. This position will also enhance the guest experience by ensuring that all operations are clean, safe, and functioning correctly.
- Ensure a clean, safe, and efficient work environment for volunteers and staff.
- Ensure members marketing material is properly stocked daily.
- Upload digital screen content to Visitor Center Displays as submitted by members.
- Available to fill Visitor Center Staff shifts as needed.
- Ensures outstanding guest care at all times.
- Maintains a friendly, professional, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding attractions, member businesses, events, and relocations.
- Ensures technology is fully functional and acts as liaison to vendor when necessary.
- Trains and directs the workflow and processes of the visitor center.
- Resolves issues/problems and coaches and counsels team members, as necessary.
- Maintains strong communication between all chamber and visitor center staff.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Two years of experience in public relations and/or hospitality/tourism
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, CRM database background and website editing applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism.
- Exemplary time management skills, high level of motivation, and self-starter skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to handle projects that require critical thinking.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle with proof of license and insurance.
- Proficient in online meeting platforms (Zoom, GoToMeeting, etc)